Through God’s Spirit, we listen deeply, build community, and act for justice.
We welcome you to Parkway United Church of Christ!
Our congregation has returned to worshiping together regularly, in-person on Sunday’s at 11:00 am. We will continue to monitor the latest information for the safest exposure practices and have implemented a new gathering policy
Beginning December 1, 2022 , we will adopt the following:
1) For worship and other large gatherings in the sanctuary and fellowship hall, the use of face masks will be a personal preference. This will change if Covid-19 levels return to a high risk in our county.
However, the NCDHHS recommends mask use if: you are at high risk for severe illness
or not up-to-date with vaccines, you were exposed or recently infected, you want added
protection, and when Covid-19 levels are high.
2) We will continue to sign-in upon arrival for Sunday worship.
3) We will return to offering communion using individual glasses and wafers. Those serving communion will wear face masks and gloves.
4) We will return to holding brunch church periodically, mindful of current health concerns and cases.
5) We will return to offering community time with light snacks periodically, mindful of current health concerns and cases.
6) All viruses (Covid-19, common cold, flu, and RSV) are primarily transmitted when someone is symptomatic. We strongly encourage anyone who is not feeling well or experiencing fever, aches, cough, sore throat, or other respiratory symptoms to remain at home and join worship or other events or meetings remotely.
7) For small group events or meetings held in smaller spaces, we encourage the group to check-in with each other about the use of face masks and to defer to those who feel more comfortable if everyone stays masked.
We invite you attend a service, and we will look forward to meeting you!
If you prefer to watch a service from home and are not a member, you can easily view our 11 am Worship services weekly on Facebook Live, from our Facebook page, Parkway UCC Winston-Salem. (Link Below)
Zoom has implemented new and required security measures requiring a password for all meetings. Our Members are asked to refer back to their weekly announcements email for the active link information for their meetings.
If you are having trouble connecting with us by computer, please let us know and we will help you troubleshoot!
The Parkway Congregation continues to offer many opportunities for growth, fellowship and spiritual renewal, and we welcome you to come and be a part of it all!
Groups of interest at Parkway United Church of Christ:
The Book Club
All interested readers are invited and encouraged to join the Book Club for their monthly book discussion gathering. Need more information? Members reference your weekly newsletter for their current book focus.
Contemplative Prayer Group Meets on Wednesday Evenings at 6:15pm
The contemplative prayer group meets on Wednesdays at 6:15 by Zoom. After a brief checking in, a scripture or poem is read thoughtfully several times, followed by a period of quiet. Anyone is welcome to join in. Just before 7pm we close by saying the Lord’s Prayer together.
The Single Women’s Group At Parkway UCC meets monthly and enjoy many events together. This group tries to vary the events so, that all can be included at least part of the time. Sometimes they meet at a restaurant, other times have a covered dish/potluck at a members home, or at the church. They also take in music/ballgames/plays/movies, etc. together. This gathering usually tries to meet on a Friday evening, or a late Sunday afternoon/evening. They are currently recruiting volunteers to plan some of their upcoming events…..Want to help, or be a part? Call the church office for contact information.
The PUCC Men’s Gathering is hosted on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month from 12 pm-1pm. All men in the congregation that are interested are encouraged to attend their Zoom meetings.
PUCC Women’s Nurture Group – Meets on the first and third Tuesday of every month and is open to any women who wish to build supportive and caring relationships with others. Currently meeting on Zoom.
The Whimsical Women’s Pod
This group meets by Zoom on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month from 11am – 12 noon and is open to all. This fun and whimsy group focuses on laughter, meditation, and self-care.
Note: PUCC members reference their weekly newsletter for the church group’s Zoom links; if you are not a member and would like to join any of these groups, please contact the church office at : (336) 723-1395
Guests, when planning your visit with us, be sure to use Parkway UCC’s new address: 1465 Irving Street when using Google maps, or use other mapping services.
Find us on Instagram and Facebook at ParkwayUCCWinstonSalem
Interested and want to know more? Have other questions about Sunday mornings at Parkway and other facts, such as “dress code” and what ONA means? Check out Visitor Information. And don’t forget to read the Upcoming Events on the right sidebar (or below the page text if you’re reading this on a smartphone!)