Parkway UCC has a rich tradition of music shared by members of the congregation. We have members who sing, members who play the piano, flute, guitar, cello, saxophone, violin or concertina.
Parkway UCC is committed to a worship life that is inclusive of diverse voices, ages, life experiences, learning styles, and aesthetic preferences. We are a community forged from individuals who come from many different faith backgrounds but are attracted to our congregation’s attempts to reflect God’s extravagant welcome for all of God’s children. This means our music ministry embraces the following:
- Music offerings are well-prepared and rise to the best of the musician’s ability, but are inclusive of many different abilities.
- A diverse selection of musical offerings from across the spectrum of musical genre.
- Music that is respectful of our theological leanings — inclusive in language for people and for God, representing openness in the theological concepts of the Christ, salvation, and respect for our inter-faith relationships.
- Music that encourages and empowers the full participation of the congregation as much as possible, including support as we learn new songs and responses.
- Music that deeply integrates with the theme of the service and works with the rest of the liturgical experience.
- Music that affirms and challenges in our desire to live our faith in the quest to listen deeply, grow in community, and act for justice.
Interested in being a member of the Parkway UCC Choir? Please contact us and let us know!